Thread: Pipeline Stent
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 08:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pipeline Stent

Hi I am new to the site and recently treated for an unruptured carotid ophthalmic aneurysm. This was found incidently because of a pain in my arm. Actually, there were two aneurysms found, one on the right side and one on the left. On June 8, 2011, I underwent a brand new FDA approved proceduring using what is called a pipeline stent. This stent just received its go ahead from the FDA on April 6, 2011, just in time to save my life. My aneurysms are 2mm (which will be monitored at this time) and almost 9mm (which was just repaired via the pipeline stent). I have been looking around and am surprised that most sites deal with ruptured aneurysms, rather than unruptured ones, or ones that are the "wait and see kind". Is there anyone out there that has either (1) heard of or know of anyone to have this brand new procedure and (2) still deals day to day with an aneurysm which is not "ripe" for treatment. I am curious to the kinds of emotional and physical feelings of persons in similar situations as myself. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
LindaZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote