Thread: I can't talk
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 08:26 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default I come in like general patton

...and open my mouth and utter like my Cerebral palsy students who had breathing and volume issues "atemsubb" and everyone in the room says "what"? again i say louder....I.I ....said " attention ". They all then come closer, step in or lean in where I wonder what i smell like and explain, "i can't hear you." i repeat with my hands cupping my mouth and stammer out "attention!' they respond "OHHH"

Then i have to say i have pd but they can't hear me. i admire the people who are patient with me. There are compassionate people and clueless people about disabilities but speech is turning out to be the biggest one of all.

Thanks to Jo+Mar and girija for the links. There is plenty out there and I will check it all out. I thought the cell phone would be the most convenient and not require earphones. I don't write software. Does anyone think this could work? could this forum pitch in and leave a very user friendly cell phone app as it's legacy? Laura it would be very worth it for future use, right now your voice is beautiful.

soccertese, i must have missed harley's post. if it involves something to adapt please let me know or harley if you are reading please send the link. I'm at the opposite corner of the country.

Robert, i double your curse of this illness. You all inspire me and keep me sane. I don't know how to lower the sinemet but, as everyone else, feel it's damage . PDF announced they are starting a study on norepinephrine. I hope they recognize the urgency of this and all neurotransmitters to be studied intensely.

Or it might go ten years and stop there. actually tho, the agenda is focused on social networking and the pd community. it took them long enough to realize but i'm not criticizing..... oh hell yes i am and very disturbed about how the research dollars are used.

carrier pigeon huh? are they expensive?

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (07-12-2011), imark3000 (07-13-2011), lindylanka (07-13-2011), RLSmi (07-13-2011)