View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 11:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Eli,
First off I feel I must apoligize for my late response as I have been vacationing in Wisconsin with my family and checked out from the vitural world & real world for some good old fashion fun outdoors.
I agree that you must do your research in finding a good dr before agreeing to do the ketamine. As far as the treatment I did with Dr Leverone, I did the 5 day out-patient infusion and the main side effects I had was fatigue and weakness. After each infusion my body was completely numb for a couple hours so it's important that you have a good care taker that can stay with you for the entire length of the infusions & afterwards for the entire day & night. I did not find the numbness bothersome as I had been in so much pain prior to the treatment that I was just thrilled not to be hurting so badly (the pain was so severe that I was wishing for death). As far as boosters it is not uncommon for his patients to not need it until the 4-6 month mark & it's usually just a 1 day booster followed by 2 weeks on oral ketamine. I have heard some of his patients make it an entire year before needing a booster. So far I'm almost at the month mark and Im still doing great. I have had CRPS for over 4 years and I have honestly not felt this good with any other treatment and I have tried everything except the SCS & pain pump. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I pray you find the relief you are searching for.
Sarah
Swatgen27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kathy d (07-15-2011), SandyRI (07-13-2011)