Old 07-13-2011, 11:01 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default about all of the above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dawson View Post
I am serious about this: is there any sense in us all learning sign language? Or would our control of our hands just be the same problem with signing as with typing or writing with pen or pencil?
Most likely i suppose it will be some computerized app whereby a computer speaks for us.
There must be a lot of research somewhere - when some of us get cut off from communication with the human race, I would think that would be looked at somewhere. Or have researchers not noticed yet that there are patterns of people who are obliged to fall silent?
It would behoove the human race to pay some attention to those who get closed off from communication and then from interaction.

sign language only works if the people you are communicating with understand it too. lol my brother used to teach deaf ed and said the same thing. i also think i could not do it as my hands don't work either. i could not use a text device - anyone who has received a text message will vouch for that. Adaptive device seems the way to go but it's one more thing to lose at the airport . my phone is around my neck all the time now.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote