View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 12:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddiwicker View Post
Just wanted to update this. The lawyer has submitted the brief on my behalf to the appeals council. She sent me a copy and I have to say that she did a good job with it. Whether the appeals council agrees or not, I cannot control. Struggling with how I will survive while the decision is being made and what I do if I am denied yet again. More waiting.

Thanks, again, for all the support.
I was wondering if you have heard from the Appeals Court of your attorney regarding the status of your case? Sometimes these decisions are made fairly quickly and sometimes they take several months to reach a decision. Has your attorney discussed with you what should be done should your appeal be denied? Also, hopefully she has explained what will happen if the appeal is granted. Basically, your case with be sent back to the Administrative Law Judge and a new hearing will be held. Your attorney will be able to submit new medical evidence from any and all of your doctors. Therefore, it is important that you continue with your medical care as much as possible. I know that is hard to do when you have no income, but it is important for your case. I am keeping you in my thoughts that all goes well. I know it may not sound reassuring; however, if your appeal is denied, you can refile for disability. I have seen a person's case get denied at the Appeals Court level so they refiled and received disability once they start the whole process over. Hopefully that won't happen to you because, if you are like me, you probably really need the back pay.

Just try to stay focused on doing what you need to do so you can win your case!
Cerridwen35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote