View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 07:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Event in Arizona

Well last week I went to a meeting of medical device manufacturers. Because of dealing with the blood brain barrier, these companies will be important to PWP. Like Medtronic Neurological and its DBS, there is and will be a future need for medical devices to get therapies through the BBB in order to treat or cure PD.

I'm sure I was the only patient there. I chatted with the Exec. VP of the organization who said he liked working with PWP because they are informed and motivated.

There was a general session with Terry McAuliffe (Former Charman of the DNC) and Ed Gillespie (former Chairman of the RNC)
TOPIC: How the Recent Elections will Impact Healthcare Policies and Politics:
Terry McAuliffe spoke (constantly) about Hillary Clinton, and why she would get the nomination and win the next election. He spoke about John Kerry and why he lost the last election. And most importantly, he plugged his book shamelessly ($18.95 Borders and Barnes & Noble). He was amusing, but not nearly as funny as he thought he was. Frankly he’d have been better off simply regaling us with Clinton anecdotes. He’d have been more interesting and funnier to boot.

Ed Gillespie did try to stick to the topic. But the talk quickly reverted to the 2008 election and what would happen – who would win, and then what would happen with health care policy? Of course, no one knows what will happen in the next 2 years. And we have a loooooong election looming. All in all, I was very disappointed in their talk.

Well it's 10 deg above average here now - may hit 90 deg. today! YIKES! I'm not ready for hot weather yet.

I hope everyone has a good week.

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote