View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 08:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Reality - with one eye closed.....

We decided to flee from reality for a few days last week, to leave the ice and snow of Pennsylvania for warm and sunny Phoenix Arizona. It was quite amazing to spend three days in brilliant sunshine and to see green leaves and flowers. Southwest air sent us one free ticket, and we decided right away that a few days of sun and heat were just what we needed. The desert is fascinating, we spent a lot of time in the botanical gardens, looking at the cactus in all its variations and enjoying the birds, especially the many hummingbirds. The only reality we brought with us was my painful walk. I have good days and not so good days, and we walked too much the first day - it is so hard to stop when you're having fun - that I had more trouble than usual walking the next two days. But sitting in the sun drinking prickly pear ice tea is not a hardship, and we loved the food. I was even clever enough to ask for weak margaritas, and they taste better to me than the real ones.

We didn't mind missing the snow that covered Carolyn's part of Pa so beautifully, we have had quite enough of it this year. In the first snowstorm a veritable glacier gathered on the roof of our 2nd floor sun roof. Then it rained, and the glacier turned to ice which came crashing down in huge, murderous chunks, one of which smashed the roof of the back porch, knocking off all the slate and twisting the downspout out of shape.

I think it's best not to look ahead, and to enjoy the now to the fullest. The future is rushing towards us - why anticipate what we know will be hard and unpleasant. But it does pay to keep one eye open to the alternatives Everett and Ron Hutton discover. I know that taking Curcumin has helped me, and I am hoping Robitussin will help as well. I still, with half of me, am convinced that I will not let PD get the better of me.

I'm glad your cat has recovered, Steve. You must have cooked the right things for her.

birte

Ever hopeful.
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote