View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 03:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaura View Post
Hi

I am new to the site and I am hoping to get some feedback. I recently had a RFA done on both sides of my neck (c-3, c-4). I am hoping that maybe someone else has had this done so I can know what to expect from this procedure.

I can't help but think that it has back fired on me and is causing more problems that I started out with. Is that even a possibility from RFAs? I do have a pretty high pain tolerance since I have been dealing with multiple health/chronic pain issues for years. But this procedure has taken my pain to a whole nother level. When I had it done, I could actually feel the nerves being burnt (which was horrible). Now, 9 days later, I am still in so much pain. The pain goes from the back of my head and radiates down into my shoulders. I am by far worse than before I had this done.

I know that it can take weeks to feel the full effects from this procedure. Is it normal to have such an increase in pain before it gets better? If anyone has any feedback to offer I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
I too had a rhizotomy on the lumbar facet joints two weeks ago tomorrow. I can't wait to talk to the doctor to find out why I've had an increase of pain, but a different type of pain. Good luck and I'll keep in touch with you and you keep me informed when you can!
Lavender Girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (07-14-2011)