View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 09:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Artist, Emilys Grandma, CZZ74, HubbyWithRSD, Nikmcjo, Tayla4Me, Frogga, Allentgamer and SeptMystic for all your input!! I am very thankful for your thoughts on this. It helps me to hear from other's opinions. Sometimes I think everyone thinks it's me-- I have had quite a few problems with Docs since my RSD began, in searching for a dx, and figuring out things/ treatment.

The problem is, it is SO hard to find an RSD Doc! The Doc and I now disagree but he continues to treat me in the fashion I need/ want at the time (meds, pt). Looks like I might be Dr hunting for a while until I find the exact one I need.

He definately needs an education in RSD!! He isn't specifically an RSD Doc, he is in pain management.

My Doc states, when I say that it cannot be psychological because it started (duh) when I had an injury- "Well, many people have it and plenty didn't have an injury that started it", telling me that stress that people cannot handle is why they get RSD (they never truly learned to deal with stress properly) AND you know what else? He says that CERTAIN PERSONALITY TRAITS DISPOSE YOU TO DEVELOPING RSD! (Very responsible and high achieving people get it). How many Docs these days actually believe that?

So, the theory is (from my Doc) that if you get the psychological help you so need (because, you see, you "did this to yourself", and are psychologically messed up, cuz you cannot deal with stress), you will get better. Um, no. I don't think so. So, I go to a psychologist, they analyze me, and from there figure out what caused my RSD- what stresses in my life caused it.

****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~
Frogga, No! I do not think he is at all willing to contact other Docs- he is a know-it-all, NEVER willing to admit he doesn't know the answers to a question I ask. He will skirt around some topics that I ask him.

Oh, yeah- he is all into me seeing a psychologist for pain coping skills BUT I have to FIRST be evaluated to find out why I have RSD- what stress in my life caused it.

Well well well, the only way he treats RSD is meds (certain anti-epleptics, narcotics and ant-depressants), psychological intervention and physical therapy.

And, this is no misunderstanding between the two of us... I know someone else who went through the same thing! I wish it was just misunderstanding. NO, he thinks I am psychologically messed up. ARGH!

Last edited by KateLynne; 03-11-2007 at 08:18 PM.
KateLynne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote