View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 10:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Our gym is having a contest with the spinning classes mirrored on the Tour de France. It is called the "Tour de MAC". The instructors try to make their spin class profiles follow the ups and downs of the day's race stage (although we ride for 45-60 minutes, not 5-6 hours). The contest part is that if we do 15 spin classes over the 5 weeks of the contest and make a $15 livestrong donation, we win a dri-fit workout shirt.

So far in July, I have done 7 spin classes. I usually go Monday night, Tuesday night, Thursday night, and then either friday afternoon or saturday morning. I also have been going out to ride my bike outdoors on wednesday nights after work. Last night was a 15.6 mile ride in about 65 minutes. It was arounf 94F when we started and about 90F when we finished, but surprisingly it didn't feel all that bad for me.

I will probably go to spin class tonight and friday afternoon, then we have the "Katy Flatland Century" ride this Sunday. I am not going to ride the full century though. Currently undecided on whether to do the 45 or 55 mile option.

I have reached the point where I have made my spinning and riding a part of my life such that I miss it when I don't get to go spin or ride. I always hated endurance exercise growing up, and never imagined that I would reach the point of craving it at any point in my life, yet I find myself sitting at my desk and looking out the window, wishing I could be out riding. It makes me feel really good to know it is making a positive change in my life.
TXBatman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (07-14-2011), dmplaura (07-14-2011), ewizabeth (07-14-2011), Kitty (07-14-2011)