Thread: I can't talk
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 11:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default iPad (typing tool)

When I have to much Sinemet in my system, usually by late afternoon, I too have difficulty talking. My voice is weak and it's not always easy to understand. But when my meds wears off in the evening (my last dose is usually around 4 in the afternoon) or when I wake up in the morning, unmedicated, I can talk almost normal. In my case Sinemet makes my talking worse. It does make my voice stronger at first, but it gets worse, as the Sinemet accumulates in my body, throughout the day. Wierd or what

A friend of mine, also with PD, just acquired an iPad2. She really has difficulty talking and writing now, but she can type OK. She had to purchased an App called "Pages", so it will display what she types in an easy to read format on her iPad. With the iPad and the App "Pages", she can type what she wants to say and it will display the words on the screen. Font size is adjustable. She emailed this the other day: "This is a response from my iPad. *I use it a lot and that's partly because it's so portable. A charge lasts me all day, and I plug it in at night... I use it is a social device. *I even play scrabble on it with a few people at my table after lunch and dinner."
Before, she was trying to communicate by writing, but her handwriting was illegible. She couldn't talk and this was very frustrating, but now with the iPad, she's able to communicate.
I'm not ready to try it for myself yet, hopefully no time soon.

EnJOY life always,
Max
Max19BC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bob Dawson (07-14-2011), imark3000 (07-21-2011), paula_w (07-14-2011)