Thread: Lead migration?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 03:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Revision SCS surgery

Hi Mary,
You poor thing, you've been through the mill after having all of those surgeries and to be still suffering.
I had my medtronic stim surgery last December

Thankfully i've never had to have any of those other surgeries you mentioned, I have no children and probably never will due to this god awful pain.

I had my revision surgery 2 and half weeks ago so I guess i'm still recovering internally where they poked and prodded. It was a very minor surgery compared to having the stim put in, i found that tough going.
I have to meet with my Consultant in a couple of weeks to find out exactly what he did but I believe they upped the voltage on the stim by 2 volts to increase threshold for pain relief, i'm not sure if the leads had slipped or not.

I'm still having lots of pain at the surgery site, it's like someone is stabbing me everytime I try to walk so that's why I think it's still not fully healed, how could it be?

I don't know if heavy duty massage could cause lead migration, i was too afraid to get some massage and I guess I could do some.

I ocassionally suffer from bladder problems, I find it difficult to go when i'm in pain, it only ever happens now and again so I feel stupid going to another doctor with that when clearly it's due to the back pain.

Please let me know things go for you, are to meet with your pain doctor or medtronics technician anytime soon? I hope so.

Sinéad
Sophie_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (07-14-2011), ron h (07-15-2011), Teresa Marie (07-15-2011)