View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 03:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks so much for your comments, MrsD. I went back and read your magnesium thread again, so hopefully, I'll soon "get it."

I've been taking Doctor's Best Calcium Bone Maker Complex which includes dimagnesium malate. You have to take 6 capsules (2 3x/da) to get 600 mg calcium and 300 mg magnesium--plus a number of other things. I also take Doctor's Best Strontium, and have for about 5 years. I credit that with getting my numbers out of the osteoporosis range and back to the normal range. You can't take strontium at the same time as calcium though as they compete for the same receptors.

I will get some of the Slo Mag tomorrow when I'm out near Walmart--I took that quite a while ago when I was taking calcium, mag, boron, K, etc. all separately--then I found Jarrow's Bone-up had them all together. Recently I noticed Doctor's Best had a calcium product, and I thought it might work better with their strontium.

I'd do about anything to stop this burning--as I'm sure most of us with PN would! I got some of the L-Theanine this morning, and took 200 mg before lunch. I think it is making me quite relaxed--and maybe that's a good thing. Time will tell. Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.
Joano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (07-14-2011)