View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 04:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Bless your heart ~ I can completely understand. I lost my husband in 2001 -- we had been together for 7 years, but we'd just gotten married. He died 12 days before our first anniversary.

Perhaps it will help to talk to a Grief Counselor. I did, and it did me a world of good. You can call Hospice and ask to make an appointment with one of their Grief counselors -- they are highly trained, and I'm sure it would help.

I too felt "lost" and wondered what my purpose was. I could barely function that first & second year. I knew I should get out more, but I'm disabled and joining "clubs" just wasn't for me. I had never lived alone before either -- so this was a rude awakening!!

I've found tho that I don't MIND being alone now. I've gotten to "know" myself better, and I like my own company. LOL

I hope you'll think about talking to a counselor. And i wish you the very best. God bless & take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote