View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 10:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Maybe I can help

Morganomics,

I totally identify with your story. It has been long years, many doctors, lots of frustration and countless $1,000's for me. BUT I AM BETTER, or better than I was anyway. I finally linked my seizures with the yummy chocolate donuts I ate. Yummy chocolate donut, awhile later - big huge complex partial seizure. I bought a glucometer and started checking my blood, sure enough, right before the seizure blood glucose would drop as low as 45, hypoglycemia. I went to a good Mayo Clinic Endocrinologist, he diagnosed me with Celiacs. He put me on a completely grain free, sugar free diet that I have been on for nearly four years now - I follow it religiously. I do really pretty well, except when I inadvertently get "glutened" - then watch out here it comes, all sorts of stuff. Epilepsy is quite common with Celiac - you might not have it, and be grateful if you don't but it is sure worth getting a iga test. I take a lot of Amino Acids, Vitamins and Essential Fatty Acids and pay special attention to my Nitrox Oxide and histamine (you learn to feel it out). I take 200 mg of Lamictal. I have a theory about the whole deal but way to long to put here - I have done tons of research.

Funniest thing is that the Aura for my seizures is smell of burnt toast, think that's a big giveaway for Celiacs. LOL

Best of Luck!
shikantaza is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote