View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I've been trying to go to the gym regularly. Lately it's been kind of hard, because the heat is sucking my energy out. I have been keeping track of the days that I go to the gym and how long and far I walked on the treadmill. Keep it on my ipod calendar, so I can look at it and see when the last time I exercised was.

Figure keeping track of it on my ipod is good, because then if my doctor wants to see what I've been doing, I can show him the calendar on my ipod.

It is kind of weird lately, even tho I've been going to the gym at least twice a week, and consistently gotten up to a half mile or nearly a half mile. I feel like my legs are getting weaker. Notice it more walking up and down the stairs. Takes a bit more effort to walk up the stairs than it does down the stairs, but sometimes I'm a bit worried that I'll end up going **s over teakettle down the stairs one of these days. When I sit down, or when I get up in the morning after sleeping, I have to stand up and kind of slowly unkink myself from the stiff unmoving ball of spasticity. That really sucks.

I'm going to a baseball game this weekend. Spending the weekend a couple of towns over, and I'm a bit worried about the 96 degree temperatures they're predicting. It's a night time game, starts at 7, so I'm hoping it'll be cooling off by then.

My dad told me when I went to a baseball game last year, when I got home, that it seemed like it took me a month to recover from that weekend. (same thing I'm doing this weekend, staying over a couple of nights) After he told me that, I went..."oh yeah...hope this doesnt suck when I get home!". Now that he reminded me of how crappy I felt last year, I'm a bit worried.

Kind of scared I'll go on my staycation with a drawer full of spoons and other assorted cutlery, and then end up coming home with a broken, dirty, plastic spork that doesnt even have a plastic cover on it. I hope I still have a few spoons left when I get home on sunday night.

I want to try to start going to the gym every day. Hopefully I'll be able to start doing that next week.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (07-15-2011), SallyC (07-15-2011)