View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 01:27 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Tracy, Happy 50th! Did anyone get you a tiara? JCPenney has one that's adorable. I think it's a must! It's sort of a tradition in our family.

I know what you mean. So much time and energy is spent getting a diagnosis that, when you finally do have one, you all of a sudden have to shift from the problem solving to the "problem." I don't even know if that makes sense I'm so tired.

I'm sorry you had to spend more time in the hospital. But, as you said, it ended up being a good thing since they retested you.

Two months after I started Mestinon, I got asthma. I'm pretty sure it's from the Mestinon. People who have asthma should be careful using Mestinon. I had bronchial hyperresponsiveness before, so I think the Mestinon just pushed me over the edge. What I've found is that the Flovent I'm on helps my MG, so I really don't mind. I know, it does suck having more than one thing going on.

I hope you'll find a good pulmonologist or allergist to check your asthma yearly or every six months. Did they give you a rescue inhaler? My allergist has also approved an upping of my dose during an upper respiratory infection. It really helps.

I hope you have a neuro now who can talk about other treatments. It doesn't sound like you can get along on Mestinon alone. You aren't pushing yourself too much, are you?

Congrats, I guess. And I'm sorry you feel older than you are. We all totally get that.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote