View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 04:23 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessings2You View Post
Interesting how a pity party doesn't feel like much of a party, does it?

I've learned a few things about Facebook, though I'm still learning: Not all of the people who want to be your friend want to be your friend. As was mentioned, some people just collect friends. I've had some requests from peeps whose names aren't even familiar. People that don't even like me.

Also, about a third of the people on there don't really WANT a response. I made a fool of myself a few times commenting on status updates and realizing my comment went over like a lead balloon. They didn't want my input--ruined the mood they were trying to create. Pardonnez-moi.

About a third of the people on there MUST HAVE responses. They post something vague and enigmatic that only a a few select friends will understand, then totally inhale the inevitable "Are you all right?" "What's wrong" "What are you talking about?" "Why are you giving up?" "Poor you". Ugh.

IRL, I also used to get invited places. After enough of my maybes, outright no's, and complicated "I can come IF", I think people got the idea that I wanted to be left alone. Maybe I mostly I do.

After a few years of being unable to hold up my share of relationships, I seem to have fallen to a point somewhere been a noncontributing friend to a pitied shut-in. Oh well. It is what it is. Some days it really, really bothers me and I have my own little pity tantrum. Other days I can say, "Their loss."

Hope you can get things sorted out, make peace with what you can, and disentangle yourself from the rest.

B2Y always explains things in such a clear and concise way. I wish I could put my thoughts in words like she does.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (07-15-2011), Debbie D (07-20-2011), Dejibo (07-15-2011), Judy2 (07-15-2011), SallyC (07-15-2011), Twinkletoes (07-16-2011)