Thread: Facial tremor
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 07:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Essential Tremor

I have exactly the same issue although I don't have PD, I do have essential tremor though.

I have this movement tremor in over my body, but it's really annoying and disturbing me around my face muscles (when laughing, etc...).

I'm using Propranolol and Primidone for the essential tremor (sometimes I'll add a benzo) but that doesn't really help too much with the facial tremors

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyster View Post
hi emptynest,

i have tremors. my tremors occur when i use a muscle, so they are not the typical parkimson resting tremor. they are sometimes called initial tremors, because they happen when movement is initiated.
my pd symptoms are still mostly confined to my left siide except my facial muscles, like if i smile on the right side it will tremor although not as bad as the left side. people notice it. also if i'm outside, which i am alot, when i squint in the sunshne my cheeks and brows quiver. it is a pain in the face.
worse than that is my tongue, which seems to be affected all the time. i suspect this contributes to sometimes choking and difficulty forming words with the ease that i used to.
the list of ways that pd is affecting me keeps changing and growing some . i dont like it.
peter35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote