View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 10:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My Hurting Elbows

So... my elbows have been hurting, (burning more like it and sensitive and sore), more on the right than the left. Went to family physician he gave me a perscription for Voltaren Gel to use for 7 days. However the pain is also on the inside the arm going up toward the shoulder, and the back of the hand which also tingles sometimes. The fingers on the right hurt sometimes too.
He took an x ray and they found a small bone spur on the elbow. But he thinks I have an ulnar nerve entrapment and the spur is not causing the problem on the inside of the elbow/arm.

However on the left side, I used the inside of my arm/elbow to get up from the bed and the ring finger and small finger went numb!!
I believe all of this is happening from the use of the crutches and walker I used from the foot surgery and the continuned use due to the RDS, and from using my elbows to help get up out of bed due to the fact that I have kept my feet elevated at night to help the swelling of the surgery and RSD.
He will be calling some oral steroids for me today. I wanted shot of steroid in the elbow but he said he does not do that. So I quess I will have to go to an orthopedic for that.
On the right I believe the entrapment is higher up that the elbow or I have more than one entrapment. I have a buldging disk in the neck and had an MRI for that a couple years ago. I did pt for it which helped alot. I learned not so sleep on that side. On the left I believe that it is just trapped at the elbow.
I do not want any more surgey. I will not do an EMG again either. No... I will have to be in alot of pain for that to happen ever again.

So.. some suggetions and any advice on what could help this is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,
paininthefoot11 and elbows!!
Paininthefoot11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote