View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 11:33 AM
artist

artist

Hi Frogga,

I'm so *so* sorry to hear you're having such a bad time, poor you

Knowing you can't really do much at present, I spent a little time looking up DBS specifically in connection with CRPS/RSD and came up with zilch.....I'm a good finder, but maybe there is something out there; or maybe you'll be an RSD first. Scary thought.

I see exactly where you're coming from, all things being equal, DBS sounds like the answer (a good start anyway) in the same way that it often is for people with Parkinson's or severe dyskinesia.

The infection and meningitis issues you can get statistics on, I'm sure, and that might help you to decide whether to risk it.

But the fact that surgery is a known "RSD spread causer" - but no one knows why - that's the big sticking point.

I have no idea whether the brain can be drenched with industrial strength Vitamin C (a la Dr. Andrew McBride's research on colles fracture at Bristol Royal Infirmary) or Vitamin E (can't remember where cited, but well-documented)....rather imagine maybe not.....

Anyway, I'll keep searching, I really just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts, big virtual hugs, brave girl, hope you feel better very soon,
all the best

Last edited by artist; 03-11-2007 at 06:17 PM.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote