View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 02:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
I used to be late for work simply because I HATED that place! i would sit in my car and cry before going in all composed, and not showing any cracks in my armor. I would do anything rather than go there. Scrub toilets, feel sick, smack on the snooze alarm, stop and help stranded kittens, or motorists I just couldnt stand where I was going to.

Then, I had a few of those lectures from the supervisor after being locked out and I realized it didnt matter if I "wanted" to go there or not. I had committed to doing that job, and without it I was in a world of hurt. It wasnt my job that needed to change (oh God how I wanted it to change) it was my attitude about my job that needed to change. I needed to find reasons to want to be there. Even one was a start. A co worker who makes you laugh. A client who you love helping. A discount on merchandise, getting your bills paid, the hours???there must be something that you can latch onto.

Once I changed me and changed my routine to make it easier to get there on time or before time I found it less dreary and less emotional. I no longer felt punished, but rewarded to go there each day.

I am now one of those early folks that is ready, willing and able as the rest straggle in the door still shuffling thru what their plan for the day is. Im with Barb on this one. I do hope you can find your trigger and jump over it.
Thanks so much for posting this story....I have been having some tough issues at work lately. I got two new supervisors that are pretty awful. I really needed to read this and I'm going to try and find some things to "latch on to" and change my attitude. Just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration and for sharing!
n8swife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (07-15-2011), ewizabeth (07-16-2011), SallyC (07-15-2011)