View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 03:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Ron,

Quote:
I have been posting about the idea of a damaged Blood brain barrier for many years. Whether this author is correct in saying he did not see my posts until after he developed the theory, we will never know.
Actually my search history is stored via google so it is perfectly feasible to find out for sure.

I didn't see your posts till the end of my research because I was searching primarily Pubmed and google scholar (from what I can tell you have one paper on the topic and it isn't one that would be encountered readily with the relevant search terms) and the cluster of diseases I was looking at first were autism, epilepsy, and tourette's syndrome and other diseases that cluster well with autism. I encountered your work once I started using regular google to expand lists of things that were related to tight junction permeability.

Heck even searching for - ron hutton tight junction - it is the 6th result and it isn't obvious that the link would provide anything of use. And going to the link from the first sentence it shows that you thought it was 'toxins leaking in' which by 2006 had already been proposed by numerous others.

Quote:
I would like to propose that the cause of an intensification of
symptoms in PD is a leaky or defective Blood Brain Barrier
I believe that we all have toxins circulating in our blood stream.
In a normal person, they circulate harmlessly, since the BBB is
doing its job. In a person with PD, the barrier is defective, and
toxins are allowed to leak into the brain, where they interfere with
the dopamine production and transfer to the receptors.
Note that in 2003 we have

"Is Breakdown of the Blood-Brain Barrier Responsible for Lacunar Stroke, Leukoaraiosis, and Dementia?'

And there are sources much earlier than that

How about 1993

I'd be surprised if there aren't much older references than that (Alas prior to 1983 google scholar becomes rather useless). **

Last edited by Chemar; 07-15-2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: ** Guidelines on NO LINKING by new members
LetterRip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote