View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Diane Stoler has outdated medical information because she does not put much value in medical information. In my opinion, she looks at mTBI and PCS from a psychological perspective with some uninformed medical perspectives. She has lots of generic information but I think she fails with the specifics of mTBI and PCS that the true experts have discovered.

Her web site does not have any real newer medical information. Considering the information that was available in 1998, and there was plenty just not widely distributed, I doubt she will update even now.

What she is good at is report writing. It is as if she is doing research and writing a report for a school class. Then she adds her own experiences from her own life and a bit from her counseling business.

It would be great if she did some more thorough research by reading the medical journals.

btw, I read her book in 2001. For the price, it is OK but I like the book edited by Nils Varney, Evaluation and Treatment of MTBI. It is more clinical but is based on medical and psychology journal articles. There is also a good affordable book by Dorothy Gronwall. I wish I had her more expensive book.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote