View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 07:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ I completely understand where you're coming from. I've had chronic, intractable pain for over 25 years, and i think I'd feel the same as you. And I agree that your doc's approach was NOT very professional.

Instead of using the anti-inflammatory, why doesn't she prescribe some breakthru medications, i.e. MSIR (immediate release)?? That would help ease your pain, and you take it between doses of your long-acting MS Contin. I'm surprised you aren't on a breakthru med as it is. Or is that what the Norco is for?? I would think that MSIR would be more effective.

Could your doc put you on a low-dose aspirin regimen? Aspirin is an anti-inflammatory med too, and it CAN be beneficial to the heart if you don't take too much. Just a thought.

I wish you the very best -- I hope your doc was just having a bad day. NO, i don't think you're griping cause you didn't get your way. LOL It WOULD be difficult to "pick" which month you want to feel like crap. LOL Obviously your doc has never had any PAIN.

Take care & God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote