View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Lupin:

I can only speak from experiences about what happened to me over 10 years ago with my bladder.

I had been a diabetic for about 9 years at the time. Not well controlled either. I had never had a bladder infection in my life. One day, I had the pressue, etc. they did the dip stick thing, they found protein in my urine, they put me on an antibiotic but it didn't help. Then they did another urine test, sent it out and I'll never forget being in the urologist's office and he says to me "wow, your infection mutated, first you had streptococcus bovus, now you have cleptsiella pneumonae (or some such words), never forgot what he said, but I can't spell them. It seemed that my bacterial infection had mutated and I had something like 25 million colonies of bacteria. All I know is it sounded awful. They cleared it up with various antibiotics.

Then, after that infection cleared up, one day, BOOM. All I had was pressure down there. I felt like I had to urinate 24 hours a day. But I urinated just fine. There was no burning when I urinated either. With a bladder infection (at least with most of them, you have the urge but nothing comes out. This was not the case with me. I went to doctor, after doctor, urologist after neurologist. They took pelvic sonograms, they did cystoscopes. I went crazy.
I had this 'PRESSURE" down there all the time. It really never went away. Oh, there was an occasional day when it left, but usually it was ALL DAY LONG. Oh, by the way, EVERY SINGLE URINE TEST, came back negative. No infection!!!!!

Then, soon after, I began a 4 year journey of PRESSURE, ALWAYS THE PRESSURE, the feeling like I had to go to the bathroom. It nearly drove me out of my mind. They had to give me pain meds.

And they did urine test after urine test. I remember once taking myself to the emergency room demanding that they DO SOMETHING!!! and the kindly older doctor did a dip stick test and found, just a trace of bacteria. Nothing to be alarmed about. I almost went crazy. Then I remember asking another urologist, "how do you know I don't have interstitial cystitis" (look that one up, it's a doozy). The guy said "oh my god, no one gets that".

Believe me I felt no relief for almost 4 years. (And all during this 4 years, I was having a lot of stress over my son). This part is important.

So one day my doctor give me a prescription for muscle relaxors. I said "oh, he thinks its spasms down there. Okay, that makes sense, I used to have spasms in my chest, in my arms, so maybe this is spasms".

I never even filled the prescription. I was going to do this the following day. I will never forget that night if I live to be a hundred years old. I was in the shower and letting the hot water just go over my whole body, telling myself that when I filled the prescription for muscle relaxors, that my body would stop spasming. Well, guess what happened? That night, right there in the shower, THE SPASMS STOPPED!!!!! Never came back.

I was absolutely astounded. No one has ever been able to explain why, for 4 years, I had this thing down there that made me think I had to pee 24 hours a day, then I take a hot shower one night and it goes away.

Recently, (with Alan in the hospital and all the stress I've been under), guess what has been happening to me? The muscle in my right arm, (high up) (where a doctor would give you flu shot), has been spasming like crazy. I just looked at the muscle and there it was twitching away. I also used to have eye twitches at times. It's stopped for now.

So that is my story on (I called it bladder spasms) because I have no idea what else to call them.

I do hope you find your answer.

be well,
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote