Thread: VP Shunt issues
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 05:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian richard View Post
In reply to piggywigg I know how you feel as far as pain I had extreme pain bringin tears to my eyes, until it was explained 2 me how the tube was coiled up inside I had ct & was told that it was very close to my liver & abdomen where all the nerve endings are the N.S told me to walk as much as possible which would allow the tubing to fall down away from affected area.It has now been 8 days since my shunt was replaced I take Ibrufen pills sometimes but it is quite bearable now getting better by the day now. If this does not help the only other option i was told was keyhole surgery to move the tube away from organ being affected.This is now my 2nd shunt tubing to be replaced Ist one no probs hope this is of help Good luck
Hearing that the tube in your abdomen is coiled is not good news to me. I had the same thing happen and it was not discovered until it caused an infection because the fluid was not draining properly and the infection moved to my brain. I was in the hospital fighting this infection 19 days (15 days in ICU). I have very little memory of that time. I would insist a second opinion if they know the shunt is coiled. Telling you to walk to correcct it sounds crazy to me. Hope all goes well for you.
res5562965 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote