Portable speech therapy device
Document Type and Number:
United States Patent 20030036041
Kind Code:
A1
Link to this page:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20030036041.html
Abstract:
A portable speech therapy device that enables postoperative cancer patients to practice voice exercises without direct supervision by activating a series of colored indicator lights in predetermined patterns associated with push-button actuation switches. The patient is initially taught to make a certain sound when an associated indicator light is turned on, and then allowed to practice with the device at home. The sequences associated with each actuation switch are made progressively more challenging as the patient masters the sequences associated with each switch (e.g., progressively shorter time periods allowed response, progressively greater number of prompts, or different patterns in which the colored indicators are turned on). The device is field programmable to allow the doctor to tailor sequences to correspond with a patient's recovery progress.

Speech therapy device providing direct visual feedback
Get related patents on CD

United States Patent 5169316
Link to this page http://www.wikipatents.com/5169316.html
Inventor(s) Lorman; Janis S. (1738 Gorge Pk Blvd., Stow, OH 44224); Jones; Cynthia L. (430 Silver Valley Blvd., Munroe Falls, OH 44262)
Abstract A speech therapy device for providing a means for the treatment of speech and swallowing problems and disorders comprising a sheet having first and second surfaces with a centrally-affixed means for providing direct visual feedback, as well as instructions, guidelines and indicia placed strategically therearound for practicing basic oral exercise drills. The preferred visual feedback means is a mirror, particularly one comprised of an acrylic material. The sheet may be either a single flat sheet or folio prepared from a folded single sheet or multiple sheets.
jinglelady4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
paula_w (07-17-2011)