View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 04:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Rainbow: Doctors and other so-called professionals make statements without any scientific proof and people believe them because the doctors are educated and, therefore, know what they are saying. This has caused much harm to innocent people.

Years ago, doctors told people with ulcers that they had them because of a "Type A" personality. Years later it was proven that the ulcers were caused by a virus and could be cured with an antibiotic. I wonder how many people suffered and died because of this misconception. Can you imagine going to a doctor when you had an ulcer and he told you to try to manage your stress better. What a crock! There is no way that it could be proven that a "Type A" personality was the cause simply because it was not so.

How many mothers went to their graves who in their lifetime were made to feel guilty because their children had autism? These mothers loved their children but were told they were cold and distant thereby causing the autism in their children. Families could be torn apart because of what the doctors claimed.

I would ask any doctor who claimed something was "all in my head" to show me absolute proof that this was so, after all s/he is making an absolute diagnosis.

Here is something worth remembering as some people still do not think scientifically, even some "scientists"!! They would (wrongly) think that the following is true:

All Indians wear feathers, therefore all people who wear feathers are Indians.

Regards, Lil
Diamond Lil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote