Thread: Got in a fight
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 06:33 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Thank you Eric for fighting the good fight. Carpy (and Thankless) and against ignorant idiots. I do need the spaces. First alone when I had crutches, than a walker, now I can't drive but my husband parks in the ones with space marked off on side so we have room for wheelchair to roll up to my door. I like to roll up and look mournfully at idiots parked in the way when our paths cross. For me to get into my wheelchair I need the space. I'm obviously handicapped. Maybe I sometimes pull up behind their cars so they can't back out without running me and my chair over. DH gets in violators faces sometimes without me and I do fear some stupid idiot might someday hit him.
The other day a violator parked in a reserved spot right next to us. There were a million empty spaces around he could of used, but the SOB parked where he shouldn't. His family (wife, kids, baby) getting into car made it impossible for me to get in mine ( all those people and open doors). I sat in my chair and let them see what they had done. He and his wife apologized profusely. I said softly and sadly and fake bravely"Sniff, I'll be fine". His kids' faces showed they thought Dad was really being a jerk. Being a little aging woman in a chair, I don't argue, I just look sad and pathetic. That's my tool. As DD says "If you can't use the Handicapped card, what can you do?" Be careful Eric, there are mean ignorant idiots out there!
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (07-17-2011), dmplaura (07-17-2011), Kitty (07-17-2011), Natalie8 (07-21-2011), SallyC (07-17-2011)