Thread: Potato
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 07:46 AM
BlueCarGal

BlueCarGal

Thumbs Up Glad you dropped in.

I've had increasing exhaustion + pain in joints & muscles for the past decade, which coincides with statin use. Also memory loss. I went off the drug for 3 mo but the probs didn't even diminish. They found a protein C deficiency during extensive testing but never got to any diagnosis.

That was 4 yrs ago. My MD put me on Aricept (Alzheimer's runs in my family & I carry the gene) & my memory improved. I'm still convinced the joint & muscle pain is statin related because every time he increases the dosage or changes to a stronger statin my misery increases.

Most people think my problems are just one: I'm old! I'm 65. When this started I was 55. NOT so old. But that's still what "they" thought. Don't know what they would've thought if I'd been 30. That I was lazy? Maybe.

But you're right. People out there don't understand. People here do. So welcome here, potato. You've found a home base.

I hope you checked out the PN link Darlene gave you--looked at the different threads, introduced yourself there, asked questions, followed up some of the resources. Knowledge IS power!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
potato (07-17-2011)