View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 06:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default An Update

I was very discouraged the other day when I read someone in the forums say that once you have the constant ringing in your ears, the damage is done and it will never go away. I am hoping that is not true all the time.

As for the shoulder and neck pain, I had my nerve conduction test, which showed no pinched nerves. I was told by the tester that maybe I am suffering from muscle spasms. The person who actually reads the test has not gotten back with me yet--tomorrow I call. When researching muscle spasms, I found that spasms can be caused by a calcium deficiency problem, which is also associated with celiacs, of course. I ordered the calcuim carbonate that Hey Joe mentioned and will start on that soon. Al (aka Aklap) suggested that maybe it's imflamation I am dealing with, so I did start taking Aleve. I have taken it 2 times a day since Tues and it does seem to help. If I miss taking it, the pain comes back with a vengence.

The ringing has not gotten worse, yet has not gotten better either. Anne said that 81mg aspirin has been known to cause ringing too, so I have stopped taking it, just to see if it helps.

Researh, research, research!!!!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote