View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 03:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just wanted to post an update on my situation.. it's been nearly 3 months and I'm almost completely healed (I'd say I have 5 good days per week and 2 headache/dizzy/brainfog days).

As you can see from my previous posts, my anxiety was absolutely out of control during my peak healing time and nothing seemed to be helping. Doctors and my neurologist were not giving me much information regarding my injury, and no one told me what to expect. This forum was, at times, my only source of information about what was actually going on (thank you!).

I want to let you all know when I finally experienced my first real turn in the right direction.. when I completely quit taking Ativan, surprisingly enough. I know a lot of you have also been taking anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications after your TBI.. I am wondering if these have any effects on the brain's healing process? I didn't take any medications prior to my injury; it was only when my doctor suggested that I take Ativan each time I "feel bad" and worry about my symptoms (which, of course, was every day) that I began taking them.

It was difficult at first, but I haven't taken Ativan in 3 weeks. I feel great most of the time, AND my anxiety has disappeared!

I do have some remaining symptoms that occur once or twice a week:

muscle twitches (left eye, right hand, other random muscles)
tingling feeling in head
mild headaches

I still constantly have several widespread "sore spots" on my scalp.

Not sure what's going on with my sinuses/new allergies but they seem to be slowly getting better. I was diagnosed with TMJ related to hitting my head, so those symptoms are still lingering as well (pain/pressure/popping in ears, tooth/jaw pain)

Wishing all of you the best of luck
strawberryfields is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote