View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 05:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Try working also the top of the foot. You may have a compression there or at the ankle.

I do my ankle and scar first, and then the ball of the foot, and finally the toes. (If my cat doesn't discover me doing it...which then I discontinue, play with her a bit, and then go back to it).

I just put a link up to Tinel's sign... on the PN board.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarsal_tunnel_syndrome

If you tap your top of the foot with a spoon or hard object gently, do you get zings in your toes? This is a sign of compression at the tarsal ligament.
I did that with a large wooden spoon, and there were no zings in my toes. It only made the top of my foot hurt somewhat.

I also checked out that link, and it seems the only symptom I have in common with TTS is the burning. I am able to walk a good distance with no pain as long as I have my Birkies on. My feet feel so much better when I'm standing or walking. They seem to bother me more at night once I blob out on the couch with my feet up. I use my lotion that I add some pure peppermint oil to, and that seems to quiet them down for me to able to sleep. I have accepted this way of life. The only thing that worries me is that it will probably get worse.

Last edited by Rosie33; 07-18-2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Needed to add info.....
Rosie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote