View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 09:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just a little thought--we had a major car accident, in which I broke a bunch of bones, but no concussion (my husband got a serious one). Sppnt a couple weeks in the hospital, during which time I developed room-spinning, nauseating dizziness whenever I turned my head to the right, or sat up or laid down too fast. Well, I got whomped pretty hard, right? So they all told me.

Six months I put up with this. Six months during which time I saw many different doctors, including an ENT (husband had some hearing loss, thought daughter may have too, so I went to get checked, for hearing loss, she brushed off the dizziness as "You got hit pretty hard".)

At about six months of this, I had to take amoxicillin for a sore throat. During that first week of amoxicillin, the dizziness went away. Completely. Six months of suffering, cured accidentally by less than $5 of amoxicillin. I guess no one saw the infection in there because they had a bigger, better excuse for it (after all, I got hit pretty hard).

Now, this is probably a fluke, it probably isn't the situation in your case, but next time you go to any of your doctors, make sure they really, really check for something this simple. Can't hurt to tell them to, you never know what they're glossing over because they're focused on something bigger.

Resting IS doing something. It's letting your body heal. It's taking proper care of yourself. Believe me, I know it's hard and it feels like doing nothing and it's frustrating as hell to have to just sit there, just lie there, (still doing it, long time later, my poor body just didn't take "being hit pretty hard" well). But it's doing the best thing you can for yourself.

Also, I had some eye coordination problems before the accident, but getting whomped really messed things up, they did settle back down after a couple of months. Again, just give it time. (sorry, know it's not what you want to hear.)

I find growling, actual out loud growling, when having trouble with doing what I want, helps. Lets the frustration out. Makes the people around you a little bit nervous. Can be fun.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-23-2011)