View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 10:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My first test was highly positive, second one negative, the one I just had in the hospital was positive.

The middle one was done at an MDA clinic. The neuro I saw there said, based on my test, he didn't think I had MG. This was despite the fact I had brought in my highly positive test from Athena labs with me. He wanted me to have an EMG which I've had before and consider a torture test. I switched to another neuro. I have every possible symptom and respond well to Mestinon. In fact I can't breathe without it.

I was really offended. He wrote a letter to my referring neuro (who was moving to CA) that he didn't think I had MG. I went on to my 3rd neuro, who is now treating me. I was just hospitalized for a week with an MG exacerbation. Inpatient, they wanted to do acetylcholine levels two days in a row to see if they were rising or not. Stupid, I know. Anyway they ended up drawing only one (they probably figured out the test doesn't come back right away) but that one was positive, so now I have two positive tests. I have another one that was drawn at my first appt with current neuro I still have to get results on.

Also, this second positive test was drawn after two days of IVIG, meaning I'd just been flooded with healthy antibodies. Research shows IVIG can make your test result falsely negative.

So out of four tests I've had done, I know 2/3 are positive, have yet to get results on the 4th.
Tracy9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote