View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 10:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy d View Post
Dear Paininthefoot11,
I am sorry for all the problems you are having. Hang in there. I was on regular crutches for ten months and an rsd doc told me to change to forearm crutches asap because the regular crutches can cause your rsd to spread (which mine already had). I know I have an entrapment in my foot and have been treating over the years with a chiropractor who is very gentle. She told me that I could have surgery to help it but then I would have scar tissue year after year that would prob hurt more. I agree with you that the less surgery you have the better you usually are. EMG's are torture to rsders so no more of them. You could maybe have a pinched nerve in your neck which is causing pain to radiate down your arm and give you tingling. I'm not a doctor but you need to get some answers with a good doctor that knows what he is doing. Sometimes a steroid shot may harm you moreso than not having it as you are chancing the spread of rsd from the needle prick. But watch those regular crutches. I know they about kill your sides and armpits. I placed kitchen towels rolled up and taped on mine which did help some but the first few weeks are brutal. I had bruises all over my sides. Best of luck to you and keep us informed of your progress. Keep up the good work and hang in there.
kathy d
Thanks for the information Kathy. I am thinking about seeing a chiropractor that knows Active Release Therapy to try to release the nerve in my neck/arm/hand, where ever it might be stuck. I am beginning to think it is in the neck or that it may be stuck in several different places. My primary physician will just send me to an orthopedic. Not sure what else another orthopedic will do... the primary gave me a dose pack of steroid to take and it's has done nothing for it.
I make my husband wrapy my arms up in a towel and put ace banages around the towels at night to keep me from bending my elbows. I did have problems with the side of my neck and hand a few years ago and went to pt and got it resolved. I also believe the problem has to do with me always sleeping on my back for the past few months, along with using the crutches for so long.
Paininthefoot11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote