View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 02:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

I'm experiencing dizziness from PCS and I have a thread here: neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread153407.html

I have been doing vestibular therapy (3 sessions since the beginning of June 2011).

My symptoms are very mild and have been from the beginning:

1.Initial injury
- sore, no unconsciousness
- headache - resolved with Advil and sleep (1 day)

2.Migraine - 1 episode, 2 days after head injury
- vision tricks (hard time focusing)
- numbness in right hand and right side of face
- slurring words
- all these symptoms resolved overnight

3.Dizziness - started about a week after
-just lightheadedness
-made more intense when moving around, looking up down
-more intense when driving

I'm still experiencing the dizziness, but less so now. From time to time throughout the day, and when stopped at red lights in the car.

I saw my family doctor last week and he didn't think the vestibular therapy was doing anything. He said that time was the best healer. I'm currently seeing an osteopath to see where that goes.

I only have enough $$$ in my benefits for one more visit for vestibular therapy, and I'm not sure if I want to spend my money on something that doesn't work ($90/visit).

To winic1, I'm intrigued about this amoxicillin. You said you had a sore throat. Before you got the sore throat, were you just experiencing the dizziness or were there other symptoms too?

Had any of the doctors you saw checked your ears? My ears have only been checked by family doctors (2 or 3 different ones - none saw anything).

I have wondered if I just have an ear infection with no pain or other symptoms other than dizziness.

Wouldn't that be a nice solution to my dizziness!

From Winic1:
<<At about six months of this, I had to take amoxicillin for a sore throat. During that first week of amoxicillin, the dizziness went away. Completely. Six months of suffering, cured accidentally by less than $5 of amoxicillin. I guess no one saw the infection in there because they had a bigger, better excuse for it (after all, I got hit pretty hard).

Now, this is probably a fluke, it probably isn't the situation in your case, but next time you go to any of your doctors, make sure they really, really check for something this simple. Can't hurt to tell them to, you never know what they're glossing over because they're focused on something bigger.>>
Airmaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-23-2011)