View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 08:11 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default 48 hour report

Steve-

It might be a good idea to skip a day from time to time, especially if we are dealing with receptors. They might need a break to "reset" or something.

For my own self, it is positive for the most part but with a few suspect elements.

The latter: 1) It took me over an hour to turn on this morning. A little more than usual but not much. 2) Yesterday afternoon went off for a couple of hours but I had good cause. Trying to install a most uncooperative new router and took it personal after the third hour of trying.
3) Awakening dystonia of left foot slightly worse than usual this morning.
On the plus side: 1) Slept well again, but during a brief wake up I discovered that I was able to turn in bed like old times! 2) No offs today at all. 3) Skipped my last meds of day last night without serious problems. 4) General feeling of better health. Can't really explain that.

There is, however, one thing in particular that may be important but will need a little explaining. I play around with some basic biofeedback and have sensors that record, among other things, heart rate variability. I won't bother to explain HRV since it is easy to look it up, other than to say that a certain wave form is a sign of good cardiac health and the further you deviate from it the less your chances of surviving a heart attack. It involves the autonomic nervous system and also the vagal nerve.

Now. I didn't want to alarm myself but since I began checking it a year ago my HRV was so bad that it was almost a flat line! Not good. I know what other people showed on the same equipment but just wrote it off to the PD damage and hoped for the best.

Today I experimented and found that for the first time I showed an HRV wave that was near normal! I have no idea what it means. Perhaps the vagus nerve is nudged back to life or something. But if any "real" researchers are lurking, please make note.

In fact, I will attach a jpeg of the various outputs. At "t+0" I had had no DM for 12 hours. The green line is the HRV and is almost non-existent at t+0.
Attached Thumbnails
Dextromethorphan used for PD Protection-dm-trial-1-jpg  
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote