View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 06:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmaster View Post
Hi,

To winic1, I'm intrigued about this amoxicillin. You said you had a sore throat. Before you got the sore throat, were you just experiencing the dizziness or were there other symptoms too?

Had any of the doctors you saw checked your ears? My ears have only been checked by family doctors (2 or 3 different ones - none saw anything).

I have wondered if I just have an ear infection with no pain or other symptoms other than dizziness.

Wouldn't that be a nice solution to my dizziness!
I had the dizziness, which was definitely triggered by certain movements, turning my head to the right, laying down too fast, sitting up too fast. No ear pain, no sore throat. Did have mysterious dry mouth, which started with the accident. When I was upright, it was fine, gravity would keep enough saliva forward, but whenever laying back a bit, or more, my mouth was so dry. (actually, still is. why? well, I got hit pretty hard...) The dry mouth is what eventually caused the sore throat, it wasn't really my throat, a saliva gland under my tongue near the back got blocked due to lack of saliva and was looking just enough infected at that point that the doc put me on the amoxicillin. I noticed that, by day 7 out of the 10 for the pills, the dizziness was completely gone. And has stayed gone.

I was in the hospital for 2-1/2 weeks after the accident. Saw anywhere from one to four doctors a week after that for several months. Bunch of different kinds of docs saw me and checked my ears as part of just generally looking me over. Even went to an ENT and had full hearing testing as well as doc visit (I can hear people talking, the tv, etc, I just can't understand them if there's any background noise around. And when I hear noises--cat meows, something goes clunk down the hallway--I hear them in the exact opposite direction of where they really are--in front is behind, to the left is really on my right.... Why? They dunno, I got hit pretty hard....)). Nobody saw anything, even the ENT. When I told them what had happened with the amoxicillin, they all went "hmmm". But my husband can tell you it's true.

So I don't know exactly where or what the infection was, but if something goes away forever after a round of amoxicillin, it's pretty darn clear that's what it was. Regardless of me "getting hit pretty hard". (btw, they stopped using that as an excuse for everything when I started saying, "the next person to tell me I got hit pretty hard is going to GET hit pretty hard".)
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-23-2011)