View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 06:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello 343,

Leading up to the peak of my symptoms and diagnosis, I was spending upwards of 10 hours per day using a desk computer
I reduced this to a maximum of about 6 hours per day following diagnosis, albeit without any specific direction to do so from the medical professionals I consulted with

I too had and have bilateral symptoms. I have no explanation, beyond plausible theories, of the cause which meant that I do not have certainty that any particular activity should be avoided or modified. I also was fearful that, should my symptoms get worse, that I would be unable to continue doing my desk-based job, or pursue my career which consists of desk-based jobs.

I am delighted to have experienced relief of my symptoms, short of full recovery, and am able to continue working at least. I cannot say that my relief has been as a result of actions taken because I have no way of establishing causation, but two of those actions were to modify the way I used a computer, and also to reduce to an essential minimum the time I spent working at one.

As for breaks, I take breaks of at least 15 minutes 4 times per day and during these breaks proceed through a sequence of mobility exercises consisting of stretches, postural correction and nerve glides for the brachial plexus and ulnar nerves. All the physios I have worked with have recommended being as mobile as possible, and not sitting in a static position for extended periods (such as one does when using a computer). I also take far shorter breaks every half hour, during which I’ll just move around. These breaks are additional to a lunch break.
BKRich is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote