View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Don't worry Toots: I don't share these postings with ANYONE other than my Alan.
CIDP (that's what Dr. Goldfarb thinks Alan has). Only way to make absolutely sure would be a sural thing but she said the protein in his spinal fluid makes him eligible for the Ivig.

I did NOT KNOW that Alan would be going for Blood Work after the initial 5 rounds. No one told us this. He just came home today.

When last I spoke to Dr. Goldfarb she told me she would be setting up the home infusion thing. So do we wait for her to call us, do we make an appointment and mention the blood tests!!!!

Honestly, we have no clue. Maybe someone told Alan when he was discharged today but he came right home and started eating my roasted chicken. He says the ivig made him really tired but that's about it.

Oh, I have to ask your advice on something. Alan and I take alprazolam to sleep at night. Not during the day, just at night. We get it online at Costco Pharmacy. Dr. Fred wrote Alan his presciption and he's been getting it there for about a year. He used to take flurazepam but it made him too tired the next day so he takes a 1 mg of alprazolam and he goes to bed for the night. Me too.

Well, Costco phoned me up today saying they can no longer dispense controlled substances in NY until they get a license and it's pending. I told them "but you've been filling our prescriptions for over a year now" and she said "yes, this just happened, we don't know when we'll be back on track, so I'm mailing you back your prescription". Want to know how much they charged for Alprazolam in their online pharmacy? About twelve bucks for 120 pills. These pills last us forever but it was time for a renewal and now this problem comes up.
the insurance does not offer any anti-anxiety meds under their plan. I can't afford ambien. or the other stuff. The alprazolam did the trick.

I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they offer in a generic sleep aid. What the heck is it with these medicare advantage plans?. Why don't they cover alprazolam. Don't they know that the older we get, we need to sleep and some of us have anxiety problems??

Cmon, it's a cheap pill. I don't understand it.

I hope we are able to find some generic thing so we can get some sleep. Since my son left, I never would be able to have a night' sleep so it just relaxes me enought to sleep. I never abuse it. I won't even take an aspirin if I don't have to.

I mean, I can take it if I have to be up all night. I just hope between the ivig and the cymbalta, that Alan can get to sleep.

Oh well, let's keep our fingers crossed!!!
mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by Chemar; 10-31-2007 at 11:40 AM. Reason: edited at Melody's request
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote