View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 07:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi J,
You can vent here anytime you want...that is what we are here for. Sounds like you have alot on your plate...and six kids. You are a saint!! You will survive it all. You just need time to regroup. I took some timeout last night for myself as I could not handle it all either. I usually go in my bedroom and shut everything off and keep it quiet so I can cry it all out and pray and then get up and do what has to be done. It is just life with rsd and you must take some time out for yourself to recharge. I am a mom of one son and I found out that in order for us parents to take care of anyone else we must take care of ourself first. I found that praying and laughing alot help me get through the day. I have a really great girlfriend that supports me from afar and that helps alot.

You will survive the 28 hour drive. Maybe the kids can play games like who finds the first certain license plate or car or color or whatever you can think of. I travelled cross country four times (CA to PA and back again) years ago when they had no tv's in cars and it was tough so I know your pain. My son was 2 and by the time I got to AZ he would not even get in his car booster seat again. We could not take him out in the car for close to a month haha. I can suggest safety scissors, tape, a stapler, and lots of construction paper. I can make a mean jet out of paper now. Kids love to make things and be creative. Kid CD's help (I had to use tape cassettes back in the good old days haha). Maybe one of the kids can read to the others and you can look for some audio books. They do have them for free at the library. Maybe you could get some where your parents are and mail them back to them from AZ. It may help the trip be easier for you. Take care and best of luck. I know it is one thing after another...I've been dealing with it for years and it is really hard most of the time but hang in there.
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote