View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 08:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

suev, do you think that maybe you weren't approved because someone with a credential didn't fill out the form for you?

If you could have a doc fill out that form, I would highly recommend the one I saw. He would definitely leave out that you take Mestinon! If you've had any respiratory paralysis, he would leave that out too. I have little doubt that he would leave out a borderline SFEMG.

When I saw him, he became very interested in my big toe after stimulating it with a vibrometer so the only caveat would be that you might get your toes tickled (the insurance company told me that none of the criteria for an EMG is based on the big toe and I had to explain that that was only a side perk and that actually I hadn't even wanted to be stimulated in such a fashion!)

If you apply elsewhere, PM me so you can get someone really good in that he knows the new guidelines for writing to an insurance company!

Everyone else, thanks for the comments. It sounds like the new guidelines have been in the works for a bit (maybe why they appear to be phantom) and entail listing the same disease four times in a DDx and a coven of neurologists who examine blood and electric shock data they collect (but only sometimes) mostly for sport but but sometimes not and without which activity they can still feel comfortable. I'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by Heat Intolerant; 07-19-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Heat Intolerant is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote