View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 10:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey,

I have had a doppler. They use a wand to the wrist pulse. beep... beep.. beep. raise my arm above my shoulder. be.... no more beeping...
No pain involved with that test...

I do have to keep my arms warm, even in the summertime, down to my hands and fingers. Usually a light sweater, with longer sleeves will do.

Fleece blankets are wonderful, for my cold symptoms.

I own several versions of arm socks. They're wonderful.

I thinking about ordering these from Harriett Carter. Nose-picker arthritis gloves.

http://www.harrietcarter.com/health-...hritis-gloves/

As long as I keep my arms warm, I don't need pain pills. So I keep 'em warm...

When I use my arms a lot, like in the garden, they get cold quick. I have to wear a heavy material, hoodie-type jacket or flannel shirts, so I can continue working in the garden. You have to use your arms a lot with gardening. Just the way it tis.

Sometimes a hot shower will help warm them up. Most the time it takes the LED and infrared light therapy pads for me.

I used to use a heating pad... wore two out. Knowing that heat caused swelling on a microscopic basic, the heathing pad was very helpful at that moment. I wasn't aware of the LED and infrared pads and their effect.

I understood my good Dr. Atasoy to say the coldness was a nerve component, even though I have vascular/arterial TOS too.

I have found good advice on this site. "Palms up!"

Yeah, it makes a differnce in the pain, tingling and coldness.

Don't bend your arms at the elbows for a long period of time or rest your chin on your bended wrists. Can't tolerate that...

Arterial TOS don't mean automatic rib resection.

You may want to read about collateral blood supply that can happen after prolonged blood restrictions.

It's no fun, but understanding and working around the effects of TOS help us get through the tasks at hand.

keep asking questions...

no question is too silly...

you're not alone here...

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote