View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 11:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The beginning of March was rough, as another one of our geriatric cats passed away. It was very sad, but Ouiser (pronounced wheezer because he wheezed instead of meowing) lived a long life till almost 17 years old! And even more amazing, we had him 4.5 years after he was diagnosed with diabetes and we had been giving him insulin shots all this time. He was DH's cat, but we fell in love with each other (the cat, not DH ). Around the time he was diagnosed with diabetes, DH finally agreed to change the food from non-stop dry cat food to twice a day feedings of a homemade, raw food diet. I think this helped with controlling Ouiser's diabetes. Ouiser's sister, Lil, is still going at 17. She had a personality change for the better when we changed her diet to the raw food. She went from being a neurotic scaredy cat, to a sweet, loving cat. DH was converted on the power of food.

My kefir babies have doubled in size since I got them last month! I make new kefir everyday. I think it's really helping my gut.

Now that I have the fermenting bug, I tried some store bought kombucha, but I think I drank too much at first, because I had terrible gas the next day!

While I was grieving for Ouiser, I had a particularily low day, and binged on cheese and some wheat! The only dairy I usually have is the kefir. I had a half slice of my stepson's pizza, and you know what? I didn't even like it. I don't know if I had any adverse reactions to the pizza. If you remember, I supposedly got cleared of all my food allergies through the BioSET treatment. I may have been a little more depressed the next day, but that also could have been from still being blue about my kitty. My digestion was fine! Still, I'm worried I might have neurological symptoms from gluten, so I'm still going to avoid it. I really don't miss it anymore.

I did have some more cheese at a party last night, and I didn't have any adverse reactions. So, dairy seems to be ok again, though I'll probably still avoid it, except for my homemade fermented creations.

Claire