View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 12:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update on Aloe

I happen to live driving distance to the distributor of the aloe juice I am drinking. It is J1 or on some bottles it says JayOne. You can buy it at Henry's, Walmart and sometimes Trader Joes. Anyway, it usually costs around $2 for a 16oz bottle. I was able to talk the distributor into selling it to me by the case so that I would have a good supply.
I seem to get the best result when I drink it on an empty stomach with my meds. I drink at least two bottles a day. I have been able to cut my dose of carbi/levo down from 1.5 pills per dose to 1 pill. It has almost eliminated my dyskinesia and the nasty foot cramp I was getting every single morning.
I don't seem to tolerate coffee well anymore. It causes me to shake even more. However, when I have a particularly long work day to contend with, I have found that if I add 1/2 of one of those little 5 hour energy drinks to my bottle of aloe juice and sip it over an hour's time, it really works well without nasty side effects.
The other thing that is important to me is my weight. I was losing a noticeable amount of weight... 30 pounds in about a 4 month period and that wasn't healthy. I was having a lot of nausea and some days I just didn't want to eat at all. The aloe has fixed that. No more nausea.
I certainly don't view aloe as a cure but, for me it fixes alot of those little nasty symptoms of PD that make life miserable.
madamlash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stevem53 (07-20-2011)