View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 12:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default help - still in pain 4 months post ACDF

ok, I thought I would be better by now. I'm not. I'm not even seeing any improvement anymore. This sucks. I had my ACDF (C5, C6, C7) on March 2, and wore my hard collar for 8 1/2 weeks, I've been following the doctors instructions, and weaned myself off the narcotics the best I could, still take the occasional percacet and oxy when I just can't handle the pain any longer.

I wake up everyday with burning pain from my neck down my shoulders, traps into my arms and hands. Driving makes everything worse. I'm still off work but due to go back in 2 months, I can't even drive myself without suffering extreme pain, when does this get better?

I've talked to the doctors they offer little help. They tell me there are no guarantees you'll be completely out of pain ever, and it's still too soon to tell. I still have nerve damage in my right hand and I'm getting very depressed waking up and not being able to do anything without extreme pain.

What should I do? should I keep going to my dr. and have him take me off work permananty? Will I ever get better? My job requires me to drive 35 mins to work each way and sit at a computer for 9 hours, doing graphic design work with my right hand (the one with the nerve damage).

Currently I'm on WSIB, can I request to be taken off and put on disability if I'm not getting better? Am I jumping the gun thinking this way? I am in pain every single day, this chronic pain just wears a person down. What are the rules for disability insurance and how do I even do that?

I'm panicking lately thinking about how I'm feeling and what the future holds. I would appreciate anyone's advice and experience on what they've gone through.

Getting pretty discouraged.
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote