View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 12:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thermostat got busted

I don't know if this is the same thing or not: Often, but not always, I seem to have lost the ability to control my body temperature. Both in cold weather and in hot weather.
In winter - and this rural Canada, so when I say winter I really mean winter - my PD shaking and tremors become extreme, and I feel frozen in weather that I would have laughed at just few years ago.
Summer - we get heat waves; the heat almost knocks me out. I have "attacks of temperature" that are bad enough to feel dangerous.
Cold or hot, I end up on the floor gasping for breath, like coming up from underwater. Unable to get warm, unable to cool down.
But other times, under what appear to be exactly the same circumstances, none of this happens.
But it does not happen in isolation; when my brain is losing its ability to tell my muscles what movements to make, and at what speed, and with what quality, my brain is also losing its ability to control my thermostat. So with words like "Control temperature" and "thermostat" it seems that this is an HVAC problem; a mechanical problem, like heating and cooling problems in office buildings. Call in the tradesmen and have them change the filter and test the compressor. That should fix you up.

Except that I boil over when someone attacks and I turn into a block of shivering ice when people shun me now that I have lost.
It's all quite common for everybody; get attacked by a tiger and you will be sweating, fall off an iceberg and you will be cold. Problem is, Parkinson's is both the attacking tiger, and the frigid water.
That's possibly all B.S. I may be projecting mythology onto reality.... I hear these voices.. but don't worry, I am just talking to myself, and I am a very good listener. I know I do not get hot or cold for no reason. And I take strong action, such as more clothes or less clothes, immediately; hot shower or cold shower, immediately. I don't let it continue because it feels kind of dangerous when you turn into fire or ice for no reason, by which I mean, reasons that no one else sees.
I have to pay special attention to body temp., because it is no longer always automatic any more, cruise control stopped working
There must have been a lot of research into that, right?

Last edited by Bob Dawson; 07-20-2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: typo
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EmptyNest68 (07-21-2011)