Thread: I'm doomed...
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 04:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default back at it

I thought about trying to help Melody with her problem but didn't want to get kicked off the forum. lol

I looked at the links-
I Have Office PC w/ Windows Vista Home Premium (probably wasted on me..).
Processor is Intel(R) Core (TM) Duo Cpu T5750@2.00 GHz-2 of them?
It also mentioned Mobill Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family, I don't have a clue what that is but Matrix Storage Manager site mentioned that product in association with that.
64 bit operating system is all I could find on my computer and choices at Matrix site were only Microsoft 98, ME or XP. I must be an ME?

My sister finally called me and she didn't think I needed Matrix either. My niece stopped by on her way through town last evening and she DID think I might be using it but not to worry one way or the other because it wasn't taking up much space anyway. She said if update got critical computer would tell me or would go out and find it itself (creepy...) I think I'll just sit on it for awhile and see what happens.

Only have a couple of easy questions..I think. We cleaned up a bunch of stuff, have been going through recycle bin and deleting one at a time because I'm not sure what was in there before, 240 things, ugh.
There was supposed to be auto defrag once per week but doesn't look like it was working because it said it had not defragged for 1-2 years (forgot). It ran for 3 0r 4 hours last night but am not sure if it continued after it shut off and went to sleep. She tried to set screen saver for 2 hours but it didn't stay on that long, only 20 minutes or so. Will it defrag asleep or should I do it when I'm using it..I can't tell if it finished, no details to be found.

Also wondering about the heat, somebody told me to remove battery (eek),
and I was wondering if I should try to set it on something to extend the feet?
Thanks, Zygo
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote